We love our banana splits around here. Our favourite is from Dutch Dreams, which we would never dare to replicate, but rather use as inspiration. This version is heavy on the fruits since it is the middle of summer and berries are abound. We also kept it simple with only one flavour of ice cream, but you could easily add another scoop of your fave flavour.
Get creative with the selection of seasonal fruits available in your area. Blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries would all be scrumptious on a banana split. If you don’t like sprinkles, try chopped nuts or skor bits. Another delicious option is to use a topping, such as our Strawberry Sauce with Black Pepper. For an ice cream party, allow your guests to build their own bowls.
- one scoop vanilla ice cream
- a dollop of whipped cream
- banana, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 3 cherries
- rainbow sprinkles
- Place scoop of ice cream in bowl, followed by the whipped cream.
- Nestle banana on top, close to sides of bowl, and place strawberries and cherries on top.
- Finish with sprinkles