Gorgonzola rosemary shortbread cookies are a perfect hors d’oeuvre for the holidays. They are buttery, salty, cheesy, a tiny bit stinky, and very, very moreish.
Savoury Gorgonzola Rosemary Shortbread
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp minced rosemary leaves
- ½ tsp paprika
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer until well blended. Add cheese; mix well. Mix flour and seasonings. Add to cheese mixture; stir until well blended.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into 6-inch log on lightly floured surface; wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. You can make these logs up to 2 days in advance and store in the fridge.
- Cut into ½-inch-thick slices. Place in single layer on parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
- Bake 14 to 16 min. or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.