Tomiko and I tried a cup of lavender lemonade when we were travelling through Prince Edward County last summer. It was delicious!
To make it more obvious that you’re drinking or serving the lavender lemonade, try adding a drop of red and two drops of blue food colouring to the whole batch to lightly tint it purple. The lavender flavour is also quite mild, since I didn’t want to feel like I was drinking soap.
Enjoy this lavender lemonade on porch or at a barbecue this summer!
- 1.5 L water
- zest of 3 lemons, in long strips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried lavender
- juice of 3 lemons (about ¾ cup)
- Place water, lemon zest, sugar, and dried lavender in a large pot.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Take off heat and let cool. Sieve out the lavender and lemon zest.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust sugar or lemon juice.
- Chill the lemonade in the fridge until ready to consume.