Here’s an easy recipe for simple one bowl brownies. Even though there is no melted chocolate in this recipe, the cocoa and the beating of the mixture allows for the one bowl brownies to be squidgy and fudgy. Although these decadent brownies are dense and fudgy as well, they use rather a lot of melted chocolate. If you don’t have that much chocolate on hand, these one bowl brownies fit the bill quite nicely. Plus, you only use one bowl so cleanup is super quick and easy! This recipe is adapted from the one over at Cafe Delights.
These are a great basic brownie that you can personalize to your heart’s content: try adding 1/2 cup of either white chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, chopped peanuts, dried coconut, Smarties, crushed peppermints, mini marshmallows, or butterscotch chips to the brownie batter before pouring it into the prepared pan.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter and the sugar. Add the vanilla, and salt and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat well, about 60 strokes.
- Stir in the flour, mix just until flour is blended through.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until brownies are just beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan. A toothpick inserted into the centre will still be fudgy.
- Let cool, then cut into 16 pieces.
- Serve with a glass of cold milk or a scoop of ice cream.