This strawberry basil water is delicious. Growing up in the desert means we were always drinking water to stay hydrated. Sometimes though, one can get tired of plain water, so try flavouring it with pieces of fruits, vegetables, and herbs. One of our most popular posts of all time is our lemon lime water, so we thought we’d try another variation.
This refreshing drink is a gourmet alternative to regular water, without the sugar of a pop or juice. Replace the basil with other herbs such as mint, and perhaps swap peaches or plums for the strawberry for another twist.
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1.5 L water
- Place a handful of fresh basil into a tall glass pitcher. Bruise the leaves with a wooden spoon.
- Fill the pitcher with fresh cold water.
- Slice up a cup of fresh strawberries and place in the jug.
- Store in the fridge, and serve with ice! Drink within a few hours.